Monday 28 January 2013

Uses for old/unused nail polish...

Hey there!

The other day I decided I wanted to sort through my extensive nail polish collection (I only got through one draw full before I decided I'd had enough!)...whilst I was sorting through them I thought what can I do with the old/unused nail polishes to give them a new purpose sort of thing.

Anyway whilst pondering what to do I went onto my trusty friend google and searched for uses for nail polish. Now to my surprise I discovered a few things you can do with your old/unwanted nail polish, like using them to paint on your house keys etc.

There was one idea that I liked the most and that was to make your own jewellery. So I did some more research and found a blog which had good, clear instructions on what you need and how to do it. (Now I'm posting this on my phone so I don't have access to the persons blog with it on but when I get chance to go on my laptop I shall add the link in for you all to have a look at)!

So after finding out what I needed I set about searching for the items on eBay and found some for a reasonable price. Next I ordered them and waited for them to arrive so I could get to work...

I didn't have too long to wait for them to arrive and set about making one that weekend. Now I'm really impressed with how easy and effective they look and also how cheap it is to make!

They're deffo something I want to continue with in my spare time and you may even want to give it a go too.

So with that I will leave you with a picture of how my first one turned out (picture was took without a necklace chain)...

Enjoy!
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment