Sunday 3 February 2013

OPI Mariah Carey collection

Hi all!

Yesterday I finally got my order of the new OPI Mariah Carey collection after what seemed like a lifetime of waiting! Nevertheless it was most certainly worth the wait. I have yet to try out all of the colours but I love how they all look in the bottle.
Now the hard part came when I decided on which to use for my mani, but I managed to choose in the end. I opted for A Butterfly Moment, Pink Yet Lavender and The Impossible.
A Butterfly Moment is a creme base nail polish and a stunning light, neutral pink colour with a hint of shimmer that's suitable for everyday use. I used two coats to get a nice opaque look.
Pink Yet Lavender is a gorgeous glitter with hexagonal pieces in pink and a mixture of coloured micro glitter. I used one coat over A Butterfly Moment. Absolutely stunning on the nail, and it's supposed to be similar to Katy Perry's Teenage Dream but I don't own this colour so I can't comment as to wether it is or not.
On my ring finger I used one of the liquid sand colours in The Impossible. This is a lovely red with in my opinion a hint of pink tone to it. Stunning pieces of star glitter shapes, hexagonal pieces and micro glitter. The feel of this on my nail is not as rough as I thought it might be, in fact I think it made a nice change from having smooth nails. I definitely love the effect it gives and can't wait to try out the other colours! I used two coats to get the desired look. The stars in this liquid sand are deffo my fave aspect lol.

I will do more posts on this collection as and when I try out the other colours, but right now I'm loving this combination too much to try out any of the others!

Anyone else have this collection or thinking about getting it? I'd deffo recommend it!

Happy Sunday everyone.
XOX





No comments:

Post a Comment