Sunday 27 January 2013

First attempt at stamping...

Hi everyone!

I decided to re paint my nails tonight so thought I'd do them in more subtle shades for a change. I opted for OPI's Skull and Glossbones and Steady As She Rose from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection.
These are two of my favourite colours from this collection. They're nice and subtle but quite elegant at the same time. I used two coats of each colour to get an even application and the opaqueness I wanted. Now I considered leaving my nails plain but I haven't had any nail art on my nails for a little while now so I thought I'd try at my stamping kit I've had since just before Christmas.
Now I'm not gonna lie I had a little difficulty getting used to the stamping kit at first. I found that instead of rolling the stamper like it suggests on the back in the instructions, it's best to just place it on and back off again.
I actually used two different stamping plates one which came with my stamping kit which I believe is m3 and one I got off eBay I think that one was b44 but I will have to check that for next time.
I really like the stamping effect once you get the hang of it it looks really nice and quicker then doing nail art freehand.
Considering this was my first time I think the end results were ok!
As they say practice makes perfect ;-)
So with that I will love and leave ya with a picture of my first attempt (it can only get better, I hope)!
XOX

2 comments:

  1. Cute mani.
    I still cant get the hang of stamping -.-
    Im gonna give it another go when I've got a whole evening free haha!
    xX
    http://amyscorner93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-) not bad for a first attempt I thought. Yeah it's deffo something you need to practice a lot. I shall give it another attempt at some point - might help if I don't do it so late at night too lol. X

    ReplyDelete